Maternity Reflexology is type of treatment aimed for woman during pregnancy and post-natal time. During that wonderful and often also challenging stage of life, woman is going through some significant changes on physical, emotional and mental levels. Those could be overwhelming and cause discomfort for mother-to-be.
Reflexology can help to alleviate pregnancy related symptoms :
- stress and worries
- nausea, morning sickness
- fatigue, insomnia
- sinuses issues, head colds
- high blood pressure
- heartburn, constipation. hemorrhoids
- water retention
Regular Reflexology sessions assist with :
- supporting your health and well-being during pregnancy
- reviving unpleasant symptoms of pregnancy
- prepare the body for natural child birth by enhancing production of Oxycontin
- speed up healing time after the birth by regulating hormonal imbalances
- increasing energy levels
- helps with lactation
- promotes healthy sleep patterns
Reflexology session is a great way for woman to have some “Me Time” in friendly and compassionate environment. It is also an amazing treat for often swollen and tired feet, leaving you feeling looser, lighter and balanced.
Please be aware that, even though Reflexology in most cases is a safe therapy, some conditions are unsuitable for treatment during pregnancy. Always refer to your doctor or Midwife before attending Reflexology session.
- placenta praevia
- continuous vomiting
- Toxaemia : Pre-Ecclampsia and Ecclampsia
- DVT ( Deep Vein Thrombosis )
- first trimester of pregnancy